the smile of heaven.
"The whole outlook of mankind might be changed if we could all believe that we dwell under a friendly sky and that the God of the heaven, though exalted in power and majesty, is eager to be friends with us." -A.W. Tozer The Knowledge of the Holy
A.W. Tozer is one of the most provoking Christian writers I have ever read.
It would have been nice to have the chance to meet him while he was on this side of eternity but nonetheless his voice still carries a clear call to seek God.
There is no question that the goodness of God is one revelation I am continually trying to feed in my life.
It's a game changer-no question.
- I seek God differently when I catch a glimpse of His goodness.
- I treat others differently when I experience His goodness.
- I am more comfortable in my own skin when I soak in His goodness.
- I enjoy walking out my assignment when I sense His good pleasure over my life.
I am one of those people that regularly talks to themselves.
One of the most frequent things I say and pray over myself is the reminder that I live under the "smile of heaven".
Even though I have been a Christ-follower for two decades now, I still have repeating, "broken record recordings" that the enemy of my soul tries playing in my head each day.
That is why I remind myself what Jesus did on the cross.
Because of His sacrificial and overcoming life, I now stand in a position of great favor in God's eyes.
Give it a shot. Develop a personal mantra in your daily dialogue.
Join the conversation with a comment:
- What things do you have to say to yourself on a regular basis?
- When was the last great reminder you had of God's goodness?